TJ Roulhac Enrichment Center says thank you to “We Care”
CHIPLEY - TJ Roulhac Enrichment Center took the opportunity to thank the Washington County “We Care” volunteers for offering their support during a time of the COVID- 19 pandemic this past week with a presentation at the Washington County School District. Plaque presentations were presented at the school board meeting to recognize each volunteer.
The center was selected to be a school lunch distribution site shortly after the school closings due the Covid-19 crisis. The volunteers said it was a pleasure to distribute lunches to the children of the Washington County community.
“It was so heartfelt to see the joy and excitement in the eyes of children receiving the lunches during this difficult time,” the group said.
Leonard Blount, Vice Chair of TJ Roulhac Enrichment said they could not have been successful without the hands of our community volunteers who showed their compassion to the Great Community of Washington County.
“I think you guys have went above and beyond the call of duty,” Blount said. “Sometimes we take for granted how something so small can become something so big for the healing process... I think this is one of the things we have been missing in the community.”
TJ Roulhac Enrichment Center said they would like to extend their gratitude to the Washington County School District for their continued support.
The following volunteers were recognized by TJ Rouhlac for their service:
– Xaviera Henderson, Chipley High School Paraprofessional
– Deon Kennedy, W.I.S.E Teacher
– Francesca Henderson Kirkman, Elementary School Teacher at Washington County Christian School
– Monica Rehberg, Chipley High School Teacher
– Thomas Smith, Community Service Member of TJREC
– Angeline Smith, Community Service Member of TJREC
– Jiranda B. White, Chipley High School Teacher
– Mioshi White, Community Service Member of the Ambassadors of Christ Ministry
– Marcellcus Garner, United States Air Force