City of Chipley is open and will not be assessing penalties nor disconnecting services for non-payment this month. Gas is online in the City of Chipley; call 850-638-6350 to have it turned on. Contact a vendor for natural gas repairs beyond the gas meter, the city does not work on piping or appliances but can witness a pressure test and check for code violations.

The City of Chipley has lifted the boil water advisory from Saturday.


Water for Livestock – Call 850-597-3913 between 7AM-4PM to request water for livestock or animals in critical need. This water is not for human consumption, it is for animals only.


Supply Points of Distribution (PODs) – The following locations are distributing water, MREs (meals ready to eat) and misc. supplies:


Ebro Town Hall, 6629 Dog Track Rd. in Ebro; Monday- Friday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. noon.



Vernon Community Center, 2808 Yellow Jacket Dr. in Vernon; Monday- Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.



Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) - A FEMA Disaster Recovery Center is set up at the Washington County Ag Center 7 days a week from 8

a.m. – 7 p.m. You can find information about FEMA programs, other disaster assistance programs, apply for federal disaster assistance, and ask questions related to your case.


FEMA Assistance - Apply online at, call 800-621-3362 or download app from


Disaster Unemployment Assistance - The Disaster Unemployment Assistance program provides unemployment benefits to those unemployed as a direct result of presidentially declared major disasters. Call 877- 872-5627 or visit


DSNAP- Disaster SNAP Food Assistance Program will be available to Washington County Residents in November. The pre-registration window is

November 8-18. You can apply over the phone beginning November 10-13 and in person beginning November 14-18. For more information please visit or call 850-717-4450.


Need a volunteer, want to volunteer or want to donate?

Please do not self-deploy to volunteer and or collect donations without knowing what is needed, where it is needed or having a plan to store

and distribute. If you have previously spoke with Joan Brown about needing assistance or offering services, your information has been sent to

the current volunteer and donation manager. Contact Karen Mashburn, volunteer and donation manager, 850-849-5768 to:

• Volunteer to assist the people of Washington County (or register at

• To request volunteers to tarp your roof, remove trees, or other manpower need

• To make a donation of baby products and cleaning supplies.


Texas Baptist Men: To request assistance for tree removals and temporary roof repairs please call 850-326-2326 or e-mail


Crisis clean up: For more information please call 1-800-451-1954 or visit


Price gouging: Report price gouging to 866-966-7226 or


Debris Pickup: For questions regarding debris pickup, call 850-703-3414 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.


Do not place debris in plastic bags.

• Crews have begun pickup in a central location and systematically move throughout the county.

• Debris pickup includes all municipalities within the county.

• Once the crews make one complete pass, additional passes will be made to pick up extra debris.

• Residents will be notified when crews make a final pass.

• Crews will begin picking up vegetative debris only. Please cut logs less than 8 feet long.

• Vegetative debris cannot be mixed with treated lumber, fencing, construction or demolition debris.

• Debris should be stacked on right-of-way where crews can easily access.

• Do not stack debris under power lines, low-hanging limbs, near mailboxes, fire hydrants, water meters, etc.

• Crews are not allowed to go on to private property to remove debris.

• Pickup will be from dusk to dawn and vehicles will be placarded with the Crowder Gulf logo.


Waste Management: Set any extra trash in bags by the street away from debris and utilities.


Power Restoration: Downed powerlines pose a threat as power is restored. 

• Treat any downed wire as if it is energized because you can’t tell by looking if a downed wire is live or not. Avoid anything a

downed line is touching.

• Telephone or cable television wires that are touching a power line could become energized and should also be avoided.

• Downed lines can energize anything metal, including flashing, sheds, awnings and chain link fences. Trees can also be


• Stay clear of areas where there is a lot of debris or downed trees because it could conceal an energized power line. Be careful

when cleaning up yard debris or trimming trees.

• Standing water (puddles from flooding and rain) may be energized from a downed line. Be careful not to touch or step in

water near where a downed power line is located. If a downed line is near water — even a small puddle — stay well away.

• Don’t attempt to remove or repair the electrical system or pull tree limbs off lines. Let our trained work crews perform this

potentially dangerous work.


For outage details, visit: 

• Gulf Power Outage Map, 

• West Florida Electric Outage Map, Members can now report their outages by calling 844.OUTAGE1 (844.688.2431). This is the automated system so you will not reach a live operator, but your outage will be reported. The co-op is already aware of multiple outages across our service area, but this will allow members peace of mind that their individual outages have been reported. 

• Gulf Coast Electric Outage Map, Because all efforts are focused on power restoration, GCEC office lobbies are closed until further notice. Due to the damage that GCEC offices received during the storm, service to the online bill pay system at and phone system is intermittent. Repairs are being made to restore communications.


Housing Assistance: Emergency housing funds are available with the Washington County SHIP program for those who meet for income requirements. Call Karen Shaw, 850-638-6058 or


US Army Corps of Engineers Operation Blue Roof: For more information, visit or call 1-888-766-3258.


Documenting Damage: Photograph storm damage to your home before making temporary repairs to prevent further damage. Keep all documents and receipts for insurance or FEMA assistance claim.

General tips for hiring contractors include:

• Get a written estimate.

• Check references.

• Ask for proof of insurance.

• Use only licensed contractors.

• Insist on a written contract.

• Get guarantees in writing

• Obtain a local building permit, if required.

• Make final payments after work is completed.

• Pay by check