SUNNY HILLS -- A family is receiving help from American Red Cross after their home was consumed by a fire Thursday evening.

Besides minor burn injuries to the homeowner, no other injuries were reported, officials said. Unfortunately, the three-bedroom, two-bathroom, log-cabin style home, located at 1970 Gap Blvd., was totaled.

The call came in at about 5:11 p.m. Thursday and units from Sunny Hills, Wausau and Greenhead arrived on scene by 5:22 p.m., clearing the scene about 10 p.m.

"We believe, at this time, the start of the fire was in the kitchen while the homeowner was cooking," Rick Kerr, Washington County Fire Service Coordinator.

The Fire Marshall had not issued an official report on the fire as of Monday afternoon.

Although the family -- a husband, wife and teenage Vernon High School student -- has identified another place to live and is not homeless, officials said, American Red Cross is providing some relief.

"They have a place to stay, so we gave them financial assistance and put them in touch with medical resources," said Kelli Jo Bailey, Disaster Program Manager at ARC.

Emergency funds will support the family members with clothing, food and other essential items lost in the fire.

To join the assistance effort, contact Kerr at the Washington County Emergency Operations Center, 2300 Pioneer Road in Chipley, 850-638-6203.