CHIPLEY — After a week off, the Chipley Tigers came back ready to run — and the Northview Chiefs were not able to keep up.

CHIPLEY — After a week off, the Chipley Tigers came back ready to run — and the Northview Chiefs were not able to keep up.

The lopsided 47-18 final score was mostly the result of second half action, and was almost like watching a different game except for the Chiefs’ troubles with high snaps, which plagued them for all four quarters.

The first half was a back-and-forth scramble between the two teams, with bad snaps vexing Northview, while Chipley was struggling with turnovers.

The Tigers’ Kobe McCrary scrambled 48 yards to score on Chipley’s second play of the game and Carlon Smith’s kick gave the Tigers a 7-0 lead at the 8:15 mark in the first quarter. Three bad snaps kept the Chiefs marching backwards and unable to gain any turf in the opening stanza.

Chipley’s McCrary scored again from 4 yards out with 11:13 to play in the half, completing a 50-yard, 7-play drive that started in the final minute of the first quarter. The extra point try was no good, but the Tigers led 13-0.

With 10 minutes to play, a bobbled punt return by the Tigers turned into pay dirt for the Chiefs, who took possession of the ball at the Tigers’ 40-yard line and marched it in on 10 plays, finally scoring when Neino Robinson scramble into the endzone from behind the 4-yard line. The extra point attempt fell short and the Chiefs were in the game 13-6.

With 5:02 left to play in the half, Brannon Freeman, who was wide open, nabbed a short pass and scampered 42 yards to score, closing the gap to 13-12 and capitalizing in two plays upon an off-side kick that the Chiefs were able to nab and which put them at the Chipley 46.

Two minutes later, a Tigers fumble inside their own 25 gave the Chiefs an opportunity to score again, this time Daulton Tullis connected to Robinson with a 24-yard pass, giving the Northview squad a short-lived 18-13 lead.

On the next play, Chipley’s Darren Steward returned the Northview kick 73 yards to score, and McCrary added a PAT to put Chipley back in the lead 21-18 going into the half.

McCrary came back in the third quarter and added six more points on a 7-yard run then Zack Campbell and McCrary combined to rush for 85 yards in two plays, with Campbell carrying the ball 62-yards to score following a 23-yard run by McCrary. Stewart added the PAT and the Tigers were ahead 35-18.

Chipley scored again on a 73-yard, eight-play effort, capped by Tyrone Sharpe’s 11-yard run with 7:47 left to play.

The bad snap gremlin struck once again, and a kick return fumbled by the Chiefs was recovered by the Tigers at the Northview 35-yard line. Five plays later, Stewart ran it up the middle from the 10 to score for Chipley.

Chipley travels to Walton Friday. Kickoff is at 7 p.m.