VERNON THEME DAYS-
Color wars- Individual classes dress in specific colors.
Nerd day- Come dressed in your best “nerd” fashion.
Teacher/Student day- Teachers mimic student attire, Students mimic teacher attire.
Senior Citizen day- Come dressed as a senior citizen.
Orange and Blue day- Come dressed in those fabulous VHS school colors.
VHS will host a bonfire for all students, alumni, family, and friends directly behind the VHS gym on Thursday, October 11. The senior football players will light the bonfire at dusk (approx. 6:30- 7:00pm). VHS ROTC and the VHS Athletic Boosters will have concessions for sale. Vernon Fire Department will extinguish the fire at approx. 8:30pm. Please plan to join us for a great evening.
The parade will begin in one of two locations pending DOT/City of Vernon approval. The route will be determined/approved Monday, October 8 and will either begin at the track behind city hall (Old VHS track) or the grass lot across street from Vernon Elementary School. Either starting point will still end at track behind city hall (Old VHS track). VHS staff will be on site to line up parade participants. Parade starts at 1:00 pm, line up will occur throughout the day so please arrive early. Please check back for update to parade route on Tuesday, October 9.
FOOTBALL GAME- 10/12/12:
VHS hosts HCHS and kick-off will be at 7:00pm with halftime dedicated to our homecoming ceremony.
HALF DAY SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR VHS:
8:00-8:5O 1ST period
8:55-9:45 2ND period
9:50-10:40 3RD period
10:45-11:35 Lunch, All students
11:30-12:25 Pep Rally
12:30 Bus VMS/VHS students to parade
1:00 Parade begins
OTHER KEY POINTS:
· After the parade, students will catch the buses at the old high school. Buses will leave old high school and pick up elementary students at Vernon Elementary School.
· No students will be excused from school to work on floats. Any students choosing to work on a float must accept an absence.
· Floats will be judged at 12:00 sharp.
· Floats will be judged on originality, appearance and how well they convey the theme.
· Please feel free to contact us at 850.535.2046 for further information/details.