The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Alabama: Florida. Choctawhatchee River near Newton (Sr 134) affecting Dale County Choctawhatchee River near Caryville (us 90) affecting Holmes and Washington counties Choctawhatchee River near Bruce (Sr 20) affecting Walton County The Flood Warning continues for the Choctawhatchee River near Caryville (us 90).
- Until Further Notice, or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 9 a.m. Friday the stage was 13.5 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
- Forecast: The river will continue rising to near 15.0 feet by early Sunday morning then begin falling.
- Impact: At 16.0 feet, Highway 279 south of Caryville will be cut off. Several Fish Camps, residential areas and additional rural roads in the area will be flooded.
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest forecasts, and be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you see flood waters, remember to turn around and do not drown. For graphical hydrologic information, please go to weather.gov and click on your state. Select rivers and lakes Ahps under current conditions and click on your River Point.