BONIFAY – Holmes County School Board has set their tentative millage rate and budget during the first public hearing on the matter on Monday.
The tentative millage rate for fiscal year 2017-2018 is 6.5330 which is down from last years 6.9730. The total of reduction in collected taxes will be $144,747.46 should the board adopt the rate.
The tentative budget is proposed at $23,529,732, which is down from 2016-2017 fiscal year’s budget of $23,737,723.
The school board met in regular session immediately following the public hearing where the following actions were taken.
• A renewal of a contract with Jack Marell to continue on as Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator .
• Community Eligibility provision which implements national lunch and breakfast program and allows every student in the district to eat both meals free.
There will be new faces seen on school campuses throughout the district when the board approved the hiring of the following faculty and staff.
• Liza Tice as teacher at Bonifay K-8
• Beth Lewis as ESE teacher at Bonifay K-8
• Julie Stewart as ESE teacher at Bonifay K-8
• Lindsey Watson as ESE teacher at Bonifay K-8
• Amelia Collins as teacher at Ponce de Leon High School
• Andrew Sumner as Driver’s Education teacher for the district
• Alice Simmons and Curriculum Coordinator for Holmes County High School
Holmes County School Board will meet again in regular session at 9 a.m. on August 15.